Friday, February 10, 2017

Netflix Mini Reviews #1 (Santa Clarita Diet, Travelers, The OA, & 3%)

3% Season 1: 5 out of 5 stars! For fans of The Hunger Games & The 100

(Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopia)

Although this show is in a foreign language and I had to watch this series reading subtitles, it ended up being well worth the effort. The actors and actresses were on point throughout the entirety of this first season. There were tons of twists and turns and I was always on my toes. In just 8 episodes there was a lot of character development, and it was done very well. Contains quite a bit of diversity!

I hope we get a little more in depth with the world building next season.. Especially the Offshore! Don't get me wrong, the world building in this 1st season was great especially with 8 episodes, I just really want to know more. The last episode of this season was definitely the best (in my opinion), mostly because of the rawness of the characters and their situations. Remind me again who the bad guys are? Can't wait for Season 2!



Travelers Season 1: 5 out of 5 stars!

(Time Travel, Post-Apocalyptic, Science Fiction)

People from a Post-Apocalyptic future, travel to the past into soon-to-be dead bodies to try to stop their future from becoming true. 
This show is definitely more character driven than anything else, but I did love the plot overall. Although we didn't get much in character development, mostly because these characters have already been established. The characters do grow into their new lives and learn to deal with their feelings. I think Netflix loves to throw viewers through a loop on who the "bad" guy(s) really is. I loved how real the characters felt, dealing with real problems and real emotions. 



Santa Clarita Diet Season 1: 5 out of 5 stars

(Contemporary Zombie issues LOL)

A Californian wife, mother, and realtor turns into an undead canibal who's full of fun and trying new things. 

Drew Barrymore did a great job pulling off a crazy chick and a newly turned Zombie with attitude. The actors and actresses all pulled off a great job with their characters. There was a lot of jokes and a lot of serious topics all blended together to make sure nothing was too overwhelming. Wouldn't recommend this show to anyone who is squeamish to blood/ gore.




The OA Season 1: 5 out of 5 stars

(Paranormal, Science Fiction)

The actors and actresses were definitely on point. I loved the diversity in this series, we got a little bit of all different types of real people. All throughout this season I was on the edge of my seat. There were so many twists and turns, loves and hates. The season finale had me shaking, I was so nervous and excited and well... I was full of all the emotions. 


Have you watched any of these shows? Have you watched other shows you think is worth mentioning/ reviewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment