Thursday, April 9, 2015

Review: The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

The Sin Eater's Daughter
Melinda Salisbury
Young Adult Fantasy
Pub. February 24th 2015

Synopsis:

I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...


My Review:

My Rating: 4.75/5 stars

Twylla is a girl who has only known orders all her life. She's never made one single choice that she feels is utterly her own. But when she is faced with the opportunity to make her own choice, will it be the right one?

Things are changing for Twylla. Not only is she getting a new, young guard from a rival kingdom, her title as Daunen is questioned, and Merek finally seems to be noticing her.

Twylla wasn't my favorite character to have as a main character. She relies on those around her way too much. The world building was all right but at times I had a hard time believing it. & when Twylla found out the whole truth of her circumstances, I wasn't at all surprised. I also really didn't like either of the love interests, both were extremely messed up. Lief pissed me off. Merek angered and frustrated me.

The only reason I gave this book as high a rating as I did was because the overall idea and story was pretty awesome. I will definitely pick up book 2 in this series when it comes out, hopefully I will like one of the love interests then.

No comments:

Post a Comment