Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Review:

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Wow, wow, wow. This book definitely gave me the feels. I felt broken after I finished this book.

Nikki Beckett is a girl who took the easy way out of her pain when her heart got broken. She went to a guy, Cole, who can take away the pain, and he did, but he also took her to Hell, literally. They call it the Everneath. A place where Immortals live to suck energy and emotions out of innocent humans, called the Feed. After Nikki's time in the Everneath, she wants to go back home, but there's a problem. Nikki did not age during the Feed and she remembers some of her life before, and you're not suppossed to remember while in the Feed, you're suppossed to forget. Nikki goes back home but she only has a certain amount of time before she has to go back. So, Nikki tries to set things right amongst her family and friends before saying good-bye forever. But, there's a problem with that, he Ex-boyfriend Jack isn't going to let Nikki go so easily this time. And Cole is out to get her back to make her his queen.

I loved this retelling of the Persephone myth. I loved the characters and the writing style. Everything in this book kept me wanting more.

Of course, I wasn't a giant fan of everything or I'd have rated this book 5 out of 5 stars instead of 4. I didn't like how Nikki kept secrets and how easily Jack and Will took the news of why Nikki was gone so easily. I mean I expected incredulous looks or laughter, not okays and I'll help you through this.

But overall I love this story and can't wait to start Everbound (Everneath, #2).

No comments:

Post a Comment