Monday, June 23, 2014

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Review:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

This book was definitely an un-put-downable read for me. The only reason it took me so long to finish this book is because of exams and other books I am currently reading.

I really loved Juliette as a female lead character. She has so many fantastic qualities that I wish so many other people could have. She's such an honest, caring, and selfless soul that has been beat and confined. Even though people fear and hate her, she doesn't blame them and is completely and utterly kind to those very same people. 

Then we have Warner. A very starved and depraved and wacked soul. He is so messed up he doesn't think there's anything wrong with how wicked he is. He doesn't speak of his mother and what he does say about his father is strict and cruel. I can honestly understand why Warner is the way he is, and I believe he is not a lost cause. I still have hope for him.

As for Adam. Adam Adam Adam. I honestly wasn't a giant fan of him. There is just something about him that's a little off, and at the end of the book I realize that he definitely has a lot of secrets. 

Kenji has to be one of my favorite characters, though. He is just so upbeat and optimistic but also straight to it, completely serious and straight to business when need be. 

The world building was quick and sweet. I liked the straight forwardness of the storyline. It wasn't unnescisarily dragged out. Nice and fast-paced, kept me interested. 

So, why did I rate this book 4.5 stars instead of 5? Well, I wasn't a giant fan of all the repitition. I'm also not a big fan of the way this book was written. I felt like some of the things I was reading were a bit cliched and/or too much. 

But in the end, this book deserves a spot in greatness because ultimately this story had its glorious moments. This book is definitely a must read for dystopia lovers or x-men lovers. Can't wait to begin Unravel Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment