Friday, November 21, 2014

Time To Face The Facts!

All right guys. Since 2015 is just around the corner, it's time for me to face the facts.

I have way to many books on my TBR shelf.

My issues..

1. I am almost wholly a cover buyer. & to be honest there are a lot of gorgeous books out there, that may not necesarily be good.

2. I buy more books than I have the time to read. & as these books add up, my TBR shelf keeps looking more and more daunting.

Those are just my main issues that are causing me to have such a giant TBR shelf. I currently have 189 physical copy books on my TBR shelf.. and that is just sad. I don't even want to count how many ebooks (via Kobo & Kindle & Aldiko) I own.. I know I own over 300 ebooks sooo...

So, I am going to go on a Book Buying Ban for all of 2015.

Since I realize that a whole year of not buying books is pretty much impossible, I made a few exceptions.

Exception #1: I am allowed to buy sequels to books that I have read.

2: Books Listed below (not sequels to books I have read) I will allow myself to buy since I need them..

Reawakened, The Girl At Midnight, An Ember In The Ashes, Dove Arising, Passenger, A Court Of Thorns & Roses, Red Queen, The Glass Arrow, The Witch Hunter, The Stars Never Rise, Court Of Fives, The Orphan Queen, Prudence, Six Of Crows, A Wicked Thing, Daughter Of The Dragon, Corrupt, The Wrath & The Dawn, The Waterfire Saga, Becoming Jinn, Frostfire, Bone Gap, The Sin Eaters Daughter, Magonia and maybe a few others but no more.

I think I can do this. It'll definitely help increase the amount of money I'll have in my pocket.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post(s)! Comment below so that we can chat!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Robin, that's a big TBR shelf. I sympathize. Too many books, too little time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get where you're coming from my own tbr pile is huge, though I wouldn't last 2 days with a ban over my head so all the luck! I hope it works for you :)

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/blog-tour-becoming-beauty-by-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the ban! TBR piles grow so quickly, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am someone who also has a huge TBR at 1400 something books - and I really don't want it to get past the 1500 mark! So I have been busy reading, but I end up picking up a lot of books that aren't on my TBR as well. I hope you manage to narrow yours down as well. Like you, I am someone who doesn't read enough synopsises and looks at covers a lot... which never helps >< I think being allowed to buys sequels is good because well, cliffhangers would make it hard to stick to such an extreme ban ><

    I have about 100 on my physical to read shelf and a lot of ebooks. I might even join you ^^

    ReplyDelete