Monday, March 9, 2015

Review: Evolution (E, #2) by Kate Wrath

Evolution (E, #2)
Kate Wrath
Young Adult Science Fiction
Released November 12th 2014
Goodreads
Amazon

E (E, #1) Links

Goodreads
Amazon

Evolution's Synopsis:

Outpost Three is still standing… barely. But the deadliest threat it has ever faced is on its way-- a violent force that will annihilate every man, woman, and child.

With the Sentries under his control and Grey’s army defeated, Matt is more powerful than ever. Eden is little more than his prisoner, but that line is blurring as her affection for him grows. Now, as the Outpost faces total destruction, Matt must sacrifice the possibility of attaining Eden’s love in the vague hope that her past might hold the key to saving them all.

Eden’s journey will begin to unravel the mysteries of her previous life, reveal dangerous new questions, and change not only the future of Outpost Three, but shape the course of history.

This eagerly anticipated sequel to Kate Wrath’s E begins an epic quest into the dark, dystopian landscape of Eden’s world.
 

My Review:

My Rating:  5 out of 5 stars

Evolution starts off where E left off. It helps to end all our suffering E withdrawals and enters us into an Evolution withdrawal. For I am extremely missing this world and especially my favorite character, Eden. 

Enter a dark, barren world where all seems at a loss. Evil is around every corner, and those you thought you trust turn around and decimate your trust. 

Enter Eden. A strong-willed heroine with every reason to fight for what is right. A heroine with dark secrets and a shadowed future. 

In the end, Eden will risk it all to gain so much more. What was bad will face what is righteous and what was good will face corruption. Nothing is as it seems in Outpost Three.

Was this everything I was hoping for in a sci-fi sequel? Yes! That and more! Was the edge-of-your-seat action thrilling enough? Yes, had me up at all hours of the night. Were the characters deep and well thought out? Extremely so! Especially Eden. Was there sufficient character development? Yes! Was there honestly anything I would've changed about this novel? No, never!

So there you have it folks. This series is definitely one to snatch up.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, this really made my day, Robin! Thanks so much for the very sweet review. I'm so glad you liked it! I've just set a release date-- June 13th-- for the third book, Eden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! .. The wait is killing me! I'll be counting down every second until I can have Eden in my hands and devour every amazing bit of it.

      Delete
    2. I'll make sure you get a pre-release copy. :) Oh, and the prequel will follow very shortly after Book 3, btw. (July 23rd release). So there's a big double-dose of Eden's world for you... and still more to come.

      Delete