Sunday, September 21, 2014

#Ten Book Challenge!

I was tagged by T & G Book Boutique to do this challenge, so first things first, thanks so much for tagging me!

"List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the "right" books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me so I can see your list."


Thank god that this challenge requires 10 books and not 5, but still 10 is pretty short.. Hmm I might have to choose a whole series as 1, so don't get mad lol.


1.  The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck













This whole series is fantastic! I picked these books up only because there was a gorgeous tiger on the front cover and my favorite animal is Tigers sooo. But the world building is brilliant and the guys are totally swoon worthy. Also, the first book, Tiger's Curse, is currently in the process of being made into a movie!



2. The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken










I read the first book not even knowing what the book was about and I couldn't stop reading this book. I stayed up through all hours just to know what happens. The way Mrs. Bracken writes is extremely moving, powerful, and dark. Her books are just perfect!


3. The Night Huntress Universe/ Anything by Jeaniene Frost



 














I adored every second of all these books and I literally cried when I found out that no more books will be added to this series, that it's over. I still get that heart-ache every once in a while knowing that Cat & Bones won't have any more kick ass missions and wars.


4. 





As it shows in this picture, I listened to the audiobook version of this book and as always with Mr. Zusak's audiobooks it was phenomanel! The narrator was beyond perfect. Also, this story was bloody brilliant in it of itself.


5.  The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth

 This trilogy was the first series to leave me a mess of tears at the end, so of course I could never forget that. 



6. The Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer



 I just have so many fond memories of this book.. I mean not exactly of the story because it was mostly sad and dark but of where I was and what I was doing while I was reading Nightshade. 

7.  Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
















I picked up this book when I was around 10 or so, just grabbed it randomly off my libraries shelf. I wasn't even a major reader then. After I read and devoured this book, I returned it then immeadietly after checked out my libraries audiobook version of this book and after savouring that version I went and checked out the physical copy again. But alas summer came and my school library closed, I then received my school reading list to pick from and write about during the summer and guess what.. this book was on it! I then bought Airborn and read it millions of times over and over.

& now I'm just ecstatic because this is currently being adapted into a movie.


8. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley













The best classic I have ever read. Plus this edition is just drool worthy. B&N Collectible Leather-Bound Edition.



9. The Septimus Heap Series by Angie Sage



















Of course these aren't all of the books in this series, but these are all of the books in the series that I've read. This was one of the first fantasy books I've ever read and I adored every page of these books. Can't wait for the movie adaptation!



10. Raised By Wolves Trilogy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes



I just loved this trilogy. Also, I own almost all of Mrs. Barnes' books. 


These books were in no particular order FYI :)


I tag:

Erin @ The Hardcover Lover
Izzy @ The Reading Izzy
Tanya @ A Book Paradise
M. @ The Life Of Little Me

Ashley @ For The Love Of The Page
Christina @ Of Books & Other Things
Lauren @ A Blonde Librarian
Benni @ Bennis Bookbiters
Justin @ Justin's Book Blog
Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews

Hope to see all your posts soon!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and reading my post(s)! Comment below so we can chat!











































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment