Thursday, December 4, 2014

Review:Orenda (Orenda, #1) by Ruth Silver

Book: Orenda (Orenda, #1)
Author: Ruth Silver
Genre(s): Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal
Released: April 13th, 2014

Synopsis:

Join forces with a parallel universe. 

Dark forces, magical creatures, and the world Lil thought she knew collide when a dream transports her to the strange world of Orenda. Stunned and terrified, Lil comes face to face with her doppelganger, Willow, who possesses the ability to travel between the two worlds. Everything Lil knows logically says that Orenda can’t exist, but a small clue may be proof that it was more than an ordinary dream. With the threat of her sister in danger, Lil crosses dimensions but it may cost her even more than she bargained for. 

A sword wielding girl, the eternal suit, and a parallel universe come together in this action- packed Young Adult fantasy adventure that will keep readers of all ages turning the pages. Orenda is the first novel in the Orenda series.

*Note, I received a copy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours & the author*

My Rating: 3/5 stars

I wasn't a giant fan of the characters in this book to be honest. The characters were just distant and unlikable. That was the biggest problem with me in this book.

The plot, setting and overall idea of this book was pretty cool. I really liked this world and setting very much. I really would like to see what is going to happen in the next book. Maybe I'll like the characters a bit more in book two.

2 comments:

  1. The idea does sound rather original. Too bad it turned out to be a disappointment. Hopefully, your next read will leave you more satisfied!
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover to this book is pretty nice! It's a shame the plot didn't live up to it though. Overall I haven't seen the most positive reviews for Ruth Silver's books, so I think I will shy away from those!

    ReplyDelete