Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday!

Alrighty, So I've seen this going around for some time now and decided I should get in on the action haha. Top 10 Tuesday was originally started by The Broke And The Bookish , just click on their name and you can find out more!

So my Top 10 Tuesday theme is... (dun dun dunnn!) Top 10 Most Memorable Endings!

10.) Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. This is only the first book in a trilogy but I've only read this book. I remember reading it over and over, it's such a great book. I've also heard this book is being turned into a movie!

 9.) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I listened to the audibook version of this book, and just fell in love with the way this story was told. The narrator was just brilliant and inspirational. But, of course the story itself is just as fantastic! I saw the movie adaptation and had to own it, I've watched it dozens of times.

 8.) Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea Cremer. The ending of this trilogy was depressing to say the least. A lot of great characters died in this book in not very decent ways. I read this a long while ago, but it's hard



 7.) The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I know it's only the first book in its trilogy but it is such a moving book. I own book 2, Never Fade and have yet to read it. I love the way this book was written, it has a Nazi death camp feel mixed with x-men. Both dark and fascinating. The ending of this book left me in despair and longing.  

6.) Taken By Storm (Raised By Wolves, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I love love love this trilogy. In this last installment in the Raised By Wolves trilogy, I found myself in shock, ruin, and heart break. This was the first book I read that contained a tear jerker ending, killing off characters I loved. 

                            5.) Tiger's Destiny (Tiger's Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck. Although, this isn't the final installment in this Saga (it felt like it was, plus it was a surprise there is going to be a book 5). Some may say it was a happy-ish ending, but I beg to differ. I mourned the loss of two great characters that were lost and the love story (trust me this isn't really a spoiler) that never was able to bloom. 
 
    4.) Afterglow (Wildefire, #3) by Karsten Knight. Now this ending to this trilogy wasn't exactly sad, it was just fantastic. I just adored how Mr. Knight tied the first book into the last book so that you could basically go in a circle over and over, from start to finish and it would all blend perfectly.                         
 
                          3.) The Vanishing Season (aka The Moment Collector) by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I just recently read this book and the ending was a very powerful blow. I loved and hated how this book ended, all I can really say is I cried a lot and needed a break from life after I closed the book. 
2.) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins. Now, it isn't a surprise that this book is on this list, lets be honest. Everyone can pretty much guess why. I cried during the ending of this book (obviously!). I disliked who Mrs. Collins decided to kill off. That was just cold.. anyways, I am still haunted by the last few pages of this book and can't stop thinking about how the producers and screenwriters are going to play out Mockingjay pt 2. 

                         1.) Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth. This isn't a surprise either, I would suspect. Everyone and I mean everyone (may or may not be completely true..) Cried during the last chapters of this book. It was just a major stab in the heart. I mean, c'mon Mrs. Roth, why do you have to crush people happiness, why???? Ugh.. 


A final note to authors: "Stop killing off our favorite characters!!!!!!" Thanks :)

2 comments: